OA members have many useful slogans. These are not officially sanctioned by the OA World Service Office, but they are generously shared by our members. Here are just a few to get started.
- Fail to plan, plan to fail.
- Just for today.
- Come for the vanity. Stay for the sanity.
- One is too many, and a thousand is not enough.
- If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.
- It’s not what you’re eating, it’s what’s eating you.
- If I have a problem and eat over it, then I have two problems.
- Would I rather be right — or happy?
- Keep your recovery first to make it last.
- Meeting makers make it.
- Nothing tastes as good as abstinence feels.
- OA is not for those who need it, only for those who want it.
- Progress, not perfection.
- Repetition is nature’s only form of permanence.
- You’re only as sick as your secrets.
- There is no situation so bad that a compulsive bite can’t make it worse.
- To eat is a necessity, but to eat wisely is an art.
- Face your stuff or stuff your face.
- Perfectionism is spiritual abuse.
- Don’t leave until the miracle happens.
- Let go and let God.
- One day at a time.
- It takes as long as it takes.
- Practice makes progress.
- Live in the problem or live in the solution.
Which one touches you today?
Is your favorite slogan missing?
Contact us with your suggested addition.